Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Bear Notch Loop 9:00 am

Thursday, September 17th, 2015

The traffic has gone back home and to school, so it is a good time to do some local rides before the leaf peepers arrive. The weather looks perfect for the Bear Notch Loop. I will not be joining you, but I did it a few days ago and it always impresses me with how beautiful this ride is!

Park at the public parking lot behind the Eastern Slopes Inn in North Conway.  I suggest a counterclockwise loop to get all the climbing over with early and to enjoy that cruise down Bear Notch, the Kanc and Passaconaway.  You can vote on the direction to go, see what the riders prefer!

Stop at Rocky Gorge for a lunch or a snack.

Ready to Ride at 9:00 am. Bring food and water.

IF the weather looks good for next Thursday, I may be setting up the "Tour de Portland Ride". This is new to ThursdayBike, but has been rider tested and approved as great tour. This ride uses the Eastern Trail (East Coast Greenway) and local roads to enjoy a trip through Scarborough and Portland, lighthouses, bridges, marshes. I would like to share this great ride with all of you!

No comments: