Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Ride Cancelled due to temperature and wind

Thursday, October 8, 2020

I have checked and rechecked the weather forecasts for this Thursday, and just finally decided to give up. The forecasts don't seem to be getting more enticing for a ride.  It will be in the mid 40's, mix of sun and clouds and windy. I think that this just might not quite be good enough for a fun ride. I think it is the wind gusts that would be the issue, and wind chill factor.

It this were March, we would all be running out the door to ski in 42-45 degree weather, t-shirt skiing weather. But, I am not cold acclimated yet, so I think tomorrow's weather forecast breaks the rule of "Pick 2 of 3: Temperature, Sunshine, Wind". Two of these 3 parameters must be favorable for a good bike ride. (i.e. a cold day with bright sunshine and no wind would be OK!) I think tomorrow's forecast indicates 3 of 3 might not work in our favor.

If next Thursday is good, I will hope to post The Andover Ride!

No comments: